Thank you for looking us up and considering Gillespie Avenue Baptist Church.
- The first thing you will notice as you pull up to the church is that we value visitors, and demonstrate this by providing them with their very own parking space.
- From there, you will find one of our deacons to greet you with a warm smile and a "hello" and answer any questions you might have.
- You will find all kinds of attire at Gillespie Avenue: all the way from shorts and t-shirts to slacks and skirts and button down shirts. Some of our men still wear sports coats and ties. Pastor Chris likes to keep people guessing and will wear a tie some Sundays and will leave it at home on others.
- Gillespie Avenue Baptist Church is led in worship by a choir and piano. Most of our songs can be found in the hymnal, although we sing praises and contemporary songs from time to time.
- The worship service is normally around 1 hour and 15 minutes, with 40-45 minutes dedicated to the preaching of the Word. Pastor Chris believes in expository preaching, going through whole books of the Bible. This simply means that he'll go through one book at a time, one passage at a time, and preach on what that particular passage is telling us.
- Pastor Chris uses the New American Standard Bible, but you may find him referencing other translations.